Wednesday, October 5, 2011

GBCE Athlone


I could only get to GBCE Athlone on the Friday morning so myself and my crafting neighbour decided to make the most of it.  We left after the school run and arrived as shops were still setting up, so we had a great root around.  It was lovely to meet some very talented people again.  Cliona Larkin was demo-ing for docrafts and I spotted a card she made for docrafts magazing which looked much nicer 'in the flesh'.  I wished I had time to watch her but shopping first!

The amazingly creative Cathy Walsh was there this year again with her gorgeous samples and a fantastic shop with loads of hard-to-find Tim Holtz bits and pieces and generally things you don't see in many craft shops.  Had a lovely time shopping there! Among other things I bought Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two and some lovely Artemio floursh stamps.  Also on this card are Nellie Snellen multiframe squares and Spellbinders Ironwork Motifs (used to make the flower, which is a bit bulky on top of the bow.  You live and learn LOL).




An Siopa Bui had lots of the new Spellbinders (but I couldn't find Labels 22 there, or at any of the shops) and lots of Hunkydory.  I bought the Hunkydory mag and made this card from the freebies:


We spent until we had nothing left LOL and then had to rush back after just under 2 hours.  I could have happily stayed there all weekend browsing shops and watching demonstrations.  Sigh.

On Saturday I managed to make this card but it was too dark to photograph then.  Made from Me to You Winter Wonderland paper pack.  Made my own paper clip embellie.





Thanks for visiting! Ger x.

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Ger! I recognise the card shape you've made with the Hunkydory bits! All very nice.

    I'm heading to the Hobbycrafts show at the Glasgow SECC at the end of this month,so can't wait!

    But before that, I'm going to an Amy Shaw workshop and demo in Aberdeen this weeknd! It's all go!!

    Cliona is lovely! I had a skype tutorial from her a few weeks ago!

    Well done on the lovely cards, and thank you for your comment in the WCDM blog hop!

    Things ok hee, not busy with my business unfortuantely so am looking for additial/alternative work. Needs must. It's not doing me any good being stuck at home all day with no-one around. So will see what happens.

    Love to all.

    L xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations Ger! Sounds like you had lots of fun out your day out!!
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, beautiful cards, love the Me to you card, shame it being too dark, This is a really quick short visit from me, as I am preparing for demos and fulfilling a card order.

    ReplyDelete