Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Stencil Fun Part 2


Morning! I'm back to show you how I used the stencil with some texture paste.  I looked around blogs and YouTube and saw dozens of recipes for homemade texture paste and in the end I found this was the combination that worked best for me:

1 part white acrylic paint
1 part baby talc (although I kept adding talc at the end till the consistency looked right)
1/2 part PVA glue

I then took some and dolloped it on top of some Evergreen Bough distress ink I had splodged onto the craft sheet.  This gave the paste a nice mint green colour.  I taped down the card and stencil to the craft sheet and spread the paste over.  It dried quite quickly - 20 - 30 mins - and I found if I tried to speed up the process with the heat gun it started to bubble which also gives a nice effect but if you want a smooth effect leave it to dry naturally.

I added a sentiment from a Stamp & Cut Hero Arts set and some sequins and mounted the card onto some grey cardstock.  Done!

I'd like to enter this into:

Hero Arts Birthday Cards Anything Goes  (apologies - this isn't a birthday card!)

See you tomorrow with a card using the other stencil I bought.

Ger x


No comments:

Post a Comment